Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe: Healthy Slow-cooker Sweet Chili Chicken Lettuce Wraps by Tina Haupert
This easy slow-cooker recipe for honey chicken lettuce wraps has become a favorite in our house. The sweet and savory flavor combination of honey, marinara sauce and chili powder is pure perfection – and when wrapped in lettuce and paired with fresh cilantro and avocado, it can’t be beat.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours in a slow cooker
Total Time: 10 minutes plus 4 hours in a slow cooker
Servings: 4 to 5
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 heads Bibb or Boston lettuce (8 to 10 leaves)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small ripe avocado, pitted and cut into small chunks
Here's how to make it:
- Combine marinara sauce, honey and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker and cover with marinara mixture. Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, remove from the slow cooker and place on a plate, shred with a fork and place back inside the slow cooker with the sauce.
- For each serving, use two lettuce leaves. Top with sauced chicken, cilantro and avocado.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 327, Fat total: 11 g, Carbohydrates: 24 g, Cholesterol: 110 mg, Sodium: 491 mg, Protein: 36 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Calories from fat: 30%
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.