A Snack Worth Buzzing About: How to Make Smooth-As-Honey White Bean Spread! by Tina Haupert
This white bean spread recipe is my new favorite. Mixing white beans, almond butter, honey and cinnamon together might sound a little strange to you, but I promise it’s a winning combination! Prepare it ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Spread on toast, an English muffin, fresh fruit, rice cakes or pancakes. You can also mix this into oatmeal or a smoothie for a quick and seriously satisfying addition to breakfast.
- 1/3 cup canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Here's how to make it:
- Combine ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Use a spatula to transfer spread to a glass container with a lid. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information (per serving): Calories: 132, Fat total: 7 g, Carbohydrates: 16 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 293 mg, Protein: 4 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Calories from fat: 48%
Learn more at Carrots 'N' Cake!