Savory Baked Spinach Manicotti Alfredo Pasta Shells Recipe Only Looks Complicated by 30Seconds Food
Craving a satisfying pasta dinner? Look no further than this savory baked spinach manicotti Alfredo pasta shells recipe. Think it's too much work? Don't worry, this vegetarian comfort food pasta recipe only looks complicated.
Trust us when we say that spinach, garlic and ricotta in a creamy Alfredo sauce that's stuffed into manicotti shells is what you need to make for dinner. So rich and creamy, and simple to make and bake in less than an hour.
We think you'll agree that this baked spinach manicotti pasta recipe is a keeper. Don't forget the garlic bread and a fresh salad!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bag (10 ounces) baby spinach
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for the top
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce or favorite homemade Alfredo sauce recipe
- 1 box manicotti shells, cooked according to package directions
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and continue to cook until spinach begins to wilt, just a couple of minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, parsley, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Add to the spinach mixture.
- Add about half the Alfredo sauce to the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Fill the pasta shells with the filling and place them in the casserole dish. Pour the remaining Alfredo sauce over the filled shells. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake the pasta in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 20 minutes. Uncover and bake another 5 to 10 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Manicotti Shells $4 & Up
Alfredo Sauce $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Aluminum Foil $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.