You may want to tell this spinach manicotti recipe to hush, because it's going to scream comfort food. Nothing wrong with that.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bag (10 ounces) baby spinach
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for the top
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce or favorite homemade Alfredo sauce recipe
- 1 box manicotti shells
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and continue to cook until it begins to wilt. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, parsley, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Add to the spinach mixture and stir to combine.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
- Add about half the jar of Alfredo sauce to the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Fill the pasta shells with the filling and place in the casserole dish. Pour the remaining Alfredo sauce over the filled shells. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 20 minutes. Uncover and bake another 5-10 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: