How to Make Bee Bowl’d Honey Pad Thai (Think Outside the Jar)! by Tina Haupert
I love that this Bee Bowl'd Honey Pad Thai from the National Honey Board is made with cauliflower rice, because it’s more nutritious and lower in calories when compared to traditional Pad Thai. The ingredients are simple in this recipe, so it takes just a few minutes to prepare the rice mixture. I made the sauce ahead of time, so all I need to do is add it!
- 1/4 cup creamy unsalted sunflower butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped salted peanuts
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Here's how to make it:
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until it forms rice-sized pieces. Measure out 3 cups.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for sauce and set aside.
- Add oil to a large pan on the stove top over medium heat. Sauté cauliflower rice until semi-soft, al dente in texture.
- Add eggs and scramble until fully cooked.
- Once the eggs are finished cooking, remove cauliflower mixture from stove and stir in sauce and peanuts; fully combine.
- Divide among two plates and top with green onion and cilantro and serve hot.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 442, Fat total: 31 g, Carbohydrates: 29 g, Cholesterol: 186 mg, Sodium: 592 mg, Protein: 19 g, Dietary Fiber: 6, Calories from fat: 63%
Learn more at Carrots 'N' Cake!