Easy Java Jolt Coffee Granita Recipe: Caffeine Dessert Style by 30Seconds Food
Not a fan of those popular iced coffees? Bet this coffee granita recipe will change your mind about your cup of joe being cold. Granita is an Italian semi-frozen dessert. Granita comes in all sorts of flavors, from lemon to cherry to watermelon to blueberry. This coffee granita recipe is kind of genius, as it uses strong-brewed coffee as its flavoring
All you need to make this coffee granita is brewed coffee, granulated sugar, coffee liqueur and vanilla extract. The hot coffee and other ingredients are stirred together until the sugar dissolves. Then it is poured into a pan and frozen. An important step in the granita-making process is scraping it every 30 minutes so it doesn't freeze into a solid block.
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: approximately 2 to 3 hours
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 2 to 3 hours
- 3 cups brewed coffee, strong and hot
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 - 3 teaspoons coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Here's how to make it:
- Add the sugar, coffee liqueur and vanilla to the hot coffee. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Pour the mixture into a 13x9-inch baking pan. Allow it to cool a few minutes and then pop it until the freezer for about an hour.
- Using a fork, scrape the frozen layer off of the top. Do this every 30 minutes until all the mixture has been scraped and is frozen. Serve.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.