Apple-Glazed Baked Chicken Recipe: Chicken With Apples, Onion & Garlic Is the Only Fall Chicken Recipe You Need by Donna John
Fruit pairs so well with poultry and pork. In this one-pot chicken recipe, apples, garlic and onions team up with chicken to create an easy, hearty meal. The apple jelly glaze is optional, but adds even more sweetness and makes the chicken shine.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 to 55 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 6 - 8 bone-in chicken drumsticks or thighs
- 2 apples, cut in wedges
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup apple cider
- fresh thyme or rosemary, chopped
- apple jelly (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Put the chicken in an ovenproof skillet or baking pan (cast iron works well). Top with the apples, onions and garlic.
- Pour the wine or chicken broth and apple cider over the top. Sprinkle with chopped thyme and/or rosemary.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven about 40 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. If desired, brush the chicken with a little apple jelly during the last 20 minutes of baking.
Note: You could use boneless chicken, just reduce the cooking time.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ovenproof Skillets $10 & Up
Baking Pans $9 & Up
Apple Jelly $2 & Up
Apple Cider $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.