Healthy Snacks: How to Make Roasted Mushroom & Hummus Bruschetta! by Donna John
With a vegan daughter, I am always looking for recipes to make for her that everyone will love. With earthy, roasted mushrooms, creamy hummus and crunchy bread, this bruschetta recipe hits on all points.
- garlic, chopped (optional)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- baguette, sliced or vegan bread, toasted
- hummus (your favorite store-bought or try my homemade hummus recipe)
- fresh, chopped herbs (tarragon, chives, parsley, etc.)
Here's how to make it:
- Cut the mushrooms in half or in quarters, depending on how big they are. Put them on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with garlic, if using. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in a preheated 400-degree F oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Spread a layer of hummus on the baguette slices.
- Top with some of the roasted mushrooms. Sprinkle with fresh herbs. Serve.