Bacon-Wrapped Medjool Dates With Goat Cheese Will Make You Slap Ya Mama! by Donna John
At my favorite wine bar, The Cellar Door in Katy, Texas, Chef Raul Carrillo made me these amazing goat cheese stuffed Medjool dates wrapped in bacon. Heaven on a toothpick. Yes, I’ll be back often for him to make these dates for me again, but here’s an easy version if the craving hits at home (and don't slap your mama, please).
- Medjool dates
- goat cheese
Here’s how you make them:
- Slice the date slightly to remove the pit and leave an opening for the goat cheese.
- Put a little goat cheese into the cavity. Press to close.
- Cut the bacon long enough to wrap around the date. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in a preheat 375-degree F oven for about 10 minutes. Turn them over and bake about 5 minutes more, or until the bacon is crispy.
- Let the dates stand a few minutes before serving with your favorite wine (of course).
Feel like something a little spicier? Why not add a few shakes of Cajun seasoning before cooking?
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.