Ice Cream Sandwich Cake: Wow Your Memorial Day Guests With This Easy Dessert by Holly Budde
Nothing says summer like ice cream. I tried this ice cream sandwich cake recently and it was crowd-pleaser. This ice cream sandwich cake is so easy to make. Let your kids help out!
- 1 box (12 count) ice cream sandwiches
- non-dairy whipped topping or homemade whipped cream (get Donna John's easy whipped cream recipe)
- Toppings: nuts, caramel sauce, strawberries, chocolate chips, etc.
Here's how to make it:
- Line a square pan with foil.
- Lay 3 ice cream sandwiches in a row on the bottom of the pan.
- Place another 3 ice cream sandwiches on top, turned the other way.
- Repeat until you use all of the sandwiches (3 per layer and 4 layers high). Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and lift the cake out using the foil.
- Ice the cake with whipped cream and add desired toppings. Immediately return the cake to the freezer until serving time.