Dessert for One: How to Make a Cinnamon Vanilla Mug Cake by Donna John
Last night, I discovered the mug cake. And I’m pretty sure my world will never be the same. Where have these magical, mini desserts been all my life? If you haven’t tried a mug cake yet, prepare for your mind to be blown. The first one I made was vanilla and cinnamon. Amazing. When I immediately made a second one (do not judge), I switched up the spices – cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves – and it became kind of like a chai mug cake. Think I’m moving on to a chocolate mug cake next, so stay tuned for the recipe!
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- cinnamon, to taste (I used about 1/4 teaspoon)
- nutmeg, to taste (I used about 1/4 teaspoon)
Here’s how to make it:
- Mix all ingredients. Pour into a mug.
- Microwave on high for about 60-90 seconds.
- Sprinkle the top with more cinnamon, if desired. Eat straight out of the mug!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mug Cake Cookbooks $1 & Up
Cinnamon $4 & Up
Vanilla Extract $5 & Up
Nutmeg $3 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.