Dessert for One: How to Make a Cinnamon Vanilla Mug Cake! by Donna John
Last night, I discovered the mug cake. And I’m pretty sure my world will never be the same. Where have these magical, mini desserts been all my life? If you haven’t tried a mug cake yet, prepare for your mind to be blown. The first one I made was vanilla and cinnamon. Amazing. When I immediately made a second one (do not judge), I switched up the spices – cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves – and it became kind of like a chai mug cake. Think I’m moving on to a chocolate mug cake next, so stay tuned for the recipe!
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- cinnamon, to taste (I used about 1/4 teaspoon)
- nutmeg, to taste (I used about 1/4 teaspoon)
Here’s how to make it:
- Mix all ingredients. Pour into a mug.
- Microwave on high for about 60-90 seconds.
- Sprinkle the top with more cinnamon, if desired. Eat straight out of the mug!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: