It's Cherry Season! How to Make an Easy Fresh Cherry Tart! by Donna John
This style of tart is also known as a galette. Don't tell your friends and family how easy this cherry tart is to make! The cherry tart is great with vanilla ice cream on top.
- 1 ready-made pie crust, softened, or your favorite homemade crust
- 3 cups fresh cherries, pitted and cut in half
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- egg wash (get Chef Gigi’s easy recipe)
- sugar, for dusting
- powdered sugar (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Press or roll the pie crust into a circle that's about 14-15 inches. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Combine the cherries, 1/3 cup sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Spoon into the center of the pie dough circle. Fold the edges up to create a border.
- Brush the pie crust with the egg wash. Sprinkle it with a little sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for about 1 hour.
Dust with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.