How to Make Strawberry Shortcake ... Cookies? Yep! Here's the Recipe! by Donna John
a month ago
Surprise your family with these easy strawberry shortcake cookies with a sweet vanilla glaze! What could be better?
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Here’s how you make them:
- Combine the strawberries, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar.
- Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it looks like coarse crumbs. Add the heavy cream and stir to combine. Once it resembles cookie dough, stir in the strawberries.
- Drop by tablespoons full onto parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 20-24 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet onto wax paper.
- For the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.