One-Pan Rosemary Chicken Recipe With Italian Sausage Is Tried & True by Donna John
This rosemary chicken recipe with Italian sausage recipe has been in my recipe box since the late '80s. The ingredients may make you scratch your head – chicken and sausage?!? – but once you taste how just a few ingredients come together to create a rich, flavorful meal, it'll be in your recipe box, too.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 - 4 links Italian sausage (about 1/2 pound)
- 4 - 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Here's how to make it:
- Prick the skin of the sausage all over with a fork. Cook in a skillet over medium heat until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove sausage from the pan, leaving the drippings in the skillet. Chop sausage into chunks.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Put it in the skillet, skin side down, and brown on all sides. Remove the chicken.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes. Add the rosemary and garlic. Cook about 1 minute.
- Add the broth and red wine vinegar. Stir to combine then put the chopped sausage and chicken back in the skillet.
- Cover and simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through, about 25 to 30 minutes. Add more salt and pepper, if needed, before serving.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.