Veggie Burger Recipes: How to Make Roasted Broccoli, Mushroom & Chickpea Veggie Burgers! by Donna John
What's the star of any burger, vegetarian or not? The patty! Roasting the vegetables gives these meatless burger patties a depth of flavor so rich you won't miss the meat.
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained well
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
Here’s how you make it:
- Put the broccoli florets and mushrooms on a baking sheet. Drizzle with a little oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for about 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the roasted broccoli and mushrooms, chickpeas, Tabasco, Dijon and garlic. Pulse until combined.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and stir in the breadcrumbs. Season with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Form into patties.
- Heat a little olive oil in a nonstick skillet and cook the patties until lightly browned on both sides.
- Serve as is or on a bun with desired toppings.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.