Grandma's One-Pot Chicken & Egg Noodles Recipe Is Comfort Food Done Right by Donna John
My grandma made this chicken and egg noodle dish. When I started making this easy noodles and chicken recipe, I added garlic and browned the chicken to up the flavor factor. I know my grandma would have approved.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4 to 5
- 3 - 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) egg noodles
- baby carrots, leave whole if small and cut in half lengthwise if large
- 5 - 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 - 3 ribs celery, chopped
- dried parsley flakes (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a Dutch oven. Brown the chicken breasts well on both sides. Scoot the chicken over to make a hole and add the onion, baby carrots, celery and garlic. Cook, stirring, about 5 minutes.
- Add enough water to just cover the chicken and vegetables and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove chicken, bone and return to pot. (I turn the heat off while doing this.)
- Add the egg noodles and cook until done, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and lots of black pepper. Almost all of the water should have cooked out by the time the noodles are ready. Stir in some dried parsley (mainly for additional color). Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.