Creamy Mashed Cauliflower Recipe Is a Fresh Change from Mashed Potatoes by Donna John
If you're not sure that your family will like the switch, you can use half a head of cauliflower and a couple russet potatoes to ease them into it. But we're pretty sure everyone will love this amazing vegetable recipe. It makes an elevated side dish for almost any dinner!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 to 2 cups of cream, preferred milk or yogurt, or to taste (to achieve desired level of creaminess)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to taste (optional)
- butter, to taste (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chives or parsley, chopped for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the cauliflower in boiling, salted water until really tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well and return to pot.
- Put the burner on low heat and continue to cook and mash the cauliflower, about 5 minutes. This helps more water evaporate from the cauliflower.
- Add the desired amount of cream, milk or yogurt until you reach desired creaminess.
- If using, add a little butter and some grated Parmesan cheese, to taste. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with chives or parsley, if desired. Serve.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.