The Mighty Macaroon: How to Make Easy Coconut Macaroons With a Chocolate Drizzle! by Donna John
Coconut macaroons are quick to make – and even quicker to disappear!
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- dash of salt
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- chocolate chips or chocolate almond bark
Here's how you make them:
- Combine the flour, coconut and salt in a bowl.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Drop the batter by tablespoons onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 15-18 minutes, or until they begin to lightly brown. Remove cookies to a sheet or aluminum foil or wax paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips or almond bark in the microwave in 30-second increments until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes total.
- Dip a fork into the melted chocolate and shake it over the cooled macaroons. You could also dip the tops of the macaroons in the chocolate.