Patriotic Food: How to Make Red, White & Blue Cupcakes for July 4th! by Donna John
Looking for an easy patriotic dessert to serve at your July 4th gathering? These red, white and blue cupcakes are not only simple to make, they look great on the table!
- white cake mix, plus ingredients to make it
- red and blue gel food coloring
- white baking liners
- tub white frosting or non-dairy whipped topping
- red, white and blue sprinkles
Here's how to make them:
- Mix up the cake batter according to package directions.
- Divide the batter into three bowls. Leave one bowl white, add red gel food coloring to the second bowl and blue gel food coloring to the third.
- Layer the colored cake batter in the baking liners until they are 3/4 full. Bake according to package directions.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes with regular icing or non-dairy whipped topping. Add sprinkles to the top.
Note: Store the cupcakes in the fridge if using non-dairy whipped topping.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: