Patriotic Cupcakes Recipe: How to Make Red, White & Blue Cupcakes for Memorial Day by Donna John
Looking for an easy patriotic dessert? These red, white and blue cupcakes are not only simple to make, they look great on the table. Plus, everyone loves them!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Servings: 24 to 30 cupcakes
- white cake mix, plus ingredients to make it
- red and blue gel food coloring
- white baking liners
- tub white frosting or non-dairy whipped topping
- red, white and blue sprinkles
Here's how to make them:
- Mix up the cake batter according to package directions.
- Divide the batter into three bowls. Leave one bowl white, add red gel food coloring to the second bowl and blue gel food coloring to the third.
- Layer the colored cake batter in the baking liners until they are 3/4 full. Bake according to package directions.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes with regular icing or non-dairy whipped topping. Add sprinkles to the top.
Note: Store the cupcakes in the fridge if using non-dairy whipped topping.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
White Cake Mix $1 & Up
Gel Food Coloring $3 & Up
Cupcake Liners $4 & Up
White Caking Frosting $4 & Up
Patriotic Sprinkles $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.