3-Ingredient Refried Beans Recipe: Creamy Refried Beans Recipe Is Super Simple to Make by Donna John
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 to 1 1/2 hours
Total Time: 1 to 1 1/2 hours
- 1 bag (16 ounces) dried pinto beans, picked through and washed
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 - 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- shredded cheese, for top (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Put the cleaned beans and garlic in a pot. Add enough water to just cover the beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring often, until beans are soft.
- Add salt and cumin and continue to cook, uncovered, until all the water has evaporated.
- Mash beans. Taste and add addition salt, cumin and pepper, if needed.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Serve.
Note: You could add chopped onion, chopped cilantro, chili powder, chopped jalapeno, chopped roasted poblano, lime juice. Get creative!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.