Easy Eggplant Parmesan: So Good No One Will Miss the Meat (No Frying Required)! by Donna John
Eggplant Parmesan is not only a hearty, meatless meal, this recipe is healthier because it's not fried. Try it on your family (even those not big fans of eggplant have been known to love it)!
- 2 eggplants, sliced into rounds
- 1 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 jar (25 ounces) of your favorite marinara or pasta sauce
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh chopped basil
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the panko, Italian seasoning and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, add the eggs and beat well.
- Dip the eggplant into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs. Place on a cookie sheet that’s been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven about 20-25 minutes, turning them over halfway through.
- In a rectangular casserole dish, spread about 1/2 cup of sauce over the bottom. Place half of the eggplant over the sauce.
- Spread another 1 cup of the sauce over the eggplant. Cover with half of the mozzarella and half of the Parmesan and a little chopped fresh basil. Repeat layers.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese melts and starts to brown. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.