Baked Eggplant Parmesan Recipe: This Eggplant Parmesan Recipe Is So Good No One Will Miss the Meat by Donna John
2 years ago
Add to collection
Eggplant Parmesan is not only a hearty, meatless meal, this recipe is healthier because it's not fried. Try it on your family – even those who are not big fans of eggplant have been known to love it.
- 2 eggplants, sliced into rounds
- 1 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 jar (25 ounces) of your favorite marinara sauce or pasta sauce
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh chopped basil
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the panko, Italian seasoning and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, add the eggs and beat well.
- Dip the eggplant into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs. Place on a cookie sheet that’s been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven about 20-25 minutes, turning them over halfway through.
- In a rectangular casserole dish, spread about 1/2 cup of sauce over the bottom. Place half of the eggplant over the sauce.
- Spread another 1 cup of the sauce over the eggplant. Cover with half of the mozzarella and half of the Parmesan and a little chopped fresh basil. Repeat layers.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese melts and starts to brown. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Marinara Sauce $1 & Up
Pasta Sauce $2 & Up
Panko $3 & Up
Italian Seasoning $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.