Frittata Recipes: How to Make a Freakin' Good Red Pepper, Spinach & Feta Frittata! by Donna John
A frittata is an Italian egg dish often served for brunch or dinner. This recipe packs a healthy punch with red peppers and spinach.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 jar (6 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (you could also use blue cheese or Parmesan)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- green onions, chopped, for garnish (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat the oil in an oven-proof skillet. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the red pepper strips and cook another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Turn off heat and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper together. Pour over the vegetables.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 25 minutes, or until golden. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired.