Shrimp scampi is a classic dish every cook needs in their recipe arsenal. It sounds fancy, but it's really easy to make.
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- chopped parsley
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- spaghetti, fettuccine or linguine noodles, cooked
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a skillet. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Pour in the wine or chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until it reduces by half, about 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet. Cook until they just turn pink, about 3 minutes. Add the chopped parsley, red pepper flakes, if using, and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Serve over hot cooked pasta.