How to Make Mushroom & Peas Fettuccine With Alfredo Sauce in Under 30 Minutes! by Donna John
This easy, peasy pasta recipe takes less than 30 minutes to throw together. Want to make it even easier? Use jarred alfredo sauce.
- 16 ounces fresh fettuccine*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) mushrooms
- fresh chopped basil
- 1 - 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
Here's how to make it:
- For the alfredo sauce, add the garlic, Parmesan and cream to a sauce pot. Cook over medium-low heat until it is creamy and thickened, about 5-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until they soften and begin to brown. Stir in the basil, pasta, peas and chicken stock. Cook about 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken stock has absorbed.
- Gently fold in the alfredo sauce. Garnish with additional chopped basil and grated Parmesan.
*If you use dried fettuccine, partially cook it in boiling water until it is just slightly tender, then finish it off in the chicken stock in step 2.