How to Make Roasted Mushroom & Cauliflower Fettuccine Carbonara! by Donna John
Love cauliflower and mushrooms? Then you've gotta try this recipe! Roasting the vegetables intensifies the flavor and takes this simple pasta dish up a notch on the flavor scale.
- 2 - 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 package (8 ounces) mushrooms, cut in half
- olive oil
- 8 ounces fettuccine (spaghetti, linguine and angel hair also work well)
- 4 ounces pancetta pieces
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
Here's how to make it:
- Put the cauliflower and mushrooms on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven about 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
- While vegetables roast, cook the pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Cook the pancetta in a skillet until crisp. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, parsley, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- To the skillet with the pancetta, add the egg mixture, pasta, some of the pasta water and roasted cauliflower and mushrooms. Toss gently to combine over low heat. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
Serve with additional grated Parmesan cheese.