Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Casserole Recipe: Meet Your New Favorite Chicken Casserole Recipe by Donna John
Tender chicken and broccoli blanketed in a lemony sauce and topped with three different cheeses is what to make for dinner. This easy chicken and broccoli casserole recipe will please even the pickiest eaters.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 27 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cooked until almost tender
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 - 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Arrange the broccoli in the bottom of a rectangular casserole dish.
- For the sauce, melt the butter in a pan. Whisk in the flour and cook 1 minute. Add the milk and lemon. Cook, stirring, until bubbly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the sauce over the broccoli. Sprinkle with half of the cheddar and Parmesan.
- Spread the chicken over the cheese. Top with the Swiss cheese.
- Pour remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle with the remaining cheddar and Parmesan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.