Asparagus Tart Recipe: A Quick Appetizer, Light Lunch, Sunday Brunch or Vegetarian Dinner! by Donna John
This asparagus tart recipe has three ingredients and is ready in under 30 minutes. Kind of perfect, huh? It would be yummy with Chef Gigi's balsamic reduction drizzled over it!
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 2 cups freshly shredded fontina, Gouda, Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1 pound asparagus, ends cut off
Here's how you make it:
- Put the puff pastry sheets on a baking pan.
- Sprinkle about 1 3/4 cup of the cheese all over the pastry.
- Line up the asparagus on top of the cheese. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 25 minutes, or until golden and puffed up. Serve immediately.
Note: If you want the top cheese to stay really gooey, bake the tart about 15 minutes and then top with the cheese. Continue baking another 10 minutes.