Asparagus Tart: A Quick Appetizer, Light Lunch or Vegetarian Dinner! by Donna John
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 2 cups freshly shredded fontina, Gouda, Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1 pound asparagus, ends cut off
Here's how you make it:
- Put the puff pastry sheets on a baking pan.
- Sprinkle about 1 3/4 cup of the cheese all over the pastry.
- Line up the asparagus on top of the cheese. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 25 minutes, or until golden and puffed up. Serve immediately.
Note: If you want the top cheese to stay really gooey, bake the tart about 15 minutes and then top with the cheese. Continue baking another 10 minutes.