National Pi (Pie!) Day: How to Make an Easy Blueberry Cinnamon Pie! by Donna John
How about baking a pie this weekend and surprising your family? They'll love this easy blueberry pie with just a hint of cinnamon!
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on package
- 5 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon milk or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Here’s how you make it:
- Put one of the pie crusts into a pie plate.
- Combine the blueberries, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and cinnamon. Spoon into the crust.
- Top with the second pie crust. Flute and seal the edges. Cut a few slits in the top.
- Brush the crust with the milk. Sprinkle sugar over the crust.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 45 minutes, or until crust is golden. If crust browns too fast, cover the edges with foil or a pie crust shield.
- Cool pie about 2 hours before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.