No-Bake Easter Basket Cake: This Adorable Easter Cake Is Ready in 10 Minutes by Donna John
Inspired by Annette Jett's Easter basket centerpiece tip, I created this super easy cake for Easter. Time was tight, so I opted not to bake and bought a frozen cake. The total time to put it together was less than 10 minutes. You cannot beat that for an Easter dessert!
This Easter cake could also be made for other occasions (basket of caramel candies and candy corn for fall, basket of winter holiday candies for Christmas, and fun summer candy in beach "bucket"). Have fun with it!
If you're using a frozen cake, be sure to allow time for it to thaw. Start by folding a piece of aluminum foil into a study strip to serve as the handle of the basket. Wrap it with ribbon and secure with tape. Make slits in the cake and insert the basket handle. Now the fun part! Decorate the Easter basket cake with your favorite spring and Easter candies. I used Robin's Eggs and Peeps, but any candy will work (as long as it can be chewed and it not a choking hazard for kids).
If you make this fun Easter cake, share a photo in the comments section below!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- frozen cake (I used the new coconut cake from Honeybaked Ham)
- aluminum foil
- decorations (Easter candy, Easter M&Ms, Robin's Eggs, Peeps, etc.)
Here's how you make it:
- Thaw your cake as directed on the package.
- Fold a piece of aluminum foil into a strip to form the handle (see image below).
- Take a piece of ribbon and place the end of it on the end of the foil strip. Fold down the end over the ribbon to help keep it in place. Wrap the ribbon around the foil until you get to the end. Fold up the foil over the ribbon and cut off the excess.
- Place a piece of tape on each end to secure the ribbon even more.
- Make two slits in your cake where you will insert the handle. Gently push it into the cake.
- Decorate with candy of your choice.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.