Do You Fondue? How to Make Rich & Creamy Cheese Fondue! by Donna John
6 months ago
Never tried cheese fondue? Well, today is National Cheese Fondue Day, so you're all out of excuses!
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- garlic clove (optional)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sherry, brandy or white wine
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into cubes
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the cheese and flour in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- If using, cut the garlic clove in half and rub it all over the inside of a fondue pot. Discard.
- Add the wine and heat to a simmer – do not boil.
- Add lemon juice and about one-fourth of the cheese. Stir until cheese melts, then add another one-fourth. Do this until all the cheese is used and melted. Stir in the sherry, brandy or additional white wine.
- Serve with chunks of French bread.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: