This Dark Chocolate Almond Coconut Tart Will Give You Mounds of Joy! by Donna John
"Sometimes you feel like a nut ... sometimes you don't." If you love the candy bars that go with this jingle, you'll go nuts over this rich, decadent tart.
- 5 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- sliced almonds, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- In a bowl, combine the coconut, flour, salt, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and almond extract. Mix well.
- Press the mixture into a tart pan you've sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Press into the bottom and up the sides. (Tip: Spray your hands with some nonstick cooking spray to prevent the crust from sticking to your hands.)
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- While the crust cools, pour the heavy whipping cream into a microwave-safe bowl (I used a glass Pyrex 4-cup measuring cup). Microwave for about 2 minutes or until very hot but not boiling.
- Add the chocolate chips to the heated cream. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Pour into the crust. Let the tart cool completely.
- Garnish with additional coconut and sliced almonds. Serve. Store the tart in the fridge.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sweetened Shredded Coconut $6 & Up
Sweetened Condensed Milk $4 & Up
Dark Chocolate Chips $6 & Up
Vanilla $5 & Up
Almond Extract $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.