Fresh Pea Shoots, Asparagus & Bean Salad Recipe: A Healthy Salad Recipe That Screams Spring by Donna John
Asparagus and pea shoots scream spring has sprung! Crisp and delicious, pea shoots are the leaves on the pea plant, and can be harvested a lot sooner than summer peas, and we all know asparagus is the star of spring. White beans are a healthy ingredient for all seasons.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2- to 3-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package pea shoots
- 1/4 cup almonds or cashews
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Here's how you make it:
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet. Add asparagus, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat until a little tender but still crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, about 1 minute more.
- Pour asparagus into a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and all other ingredients, Gently toss to combine (be gentle so you don't mash beans or avocado). Taste and re-season with addition salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil, if needed.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.