Easy Black Forest Cupcakes Recipe Is a Simpler Version of Germany's Chocolate & Cherry Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte by Donna John
Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte, or black forest cake, is a mouth-watering German dessert. If making a black forest cake seems daunting, have we got an easy alternative!
Instead of making a whole black forest cake, try these easy German black forest cake cupcakes. With only three primary ingredients, and two additional optional add-ons, you can make a simplified version of this classic German chocolate dessert recipe in only about 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix (plus the ingredients to make it)
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 large tub non-dairy whipped topping or homemade whipped cream
- chocolate bar, for garnish (optional)
- fresh cherries or maraschino cherries, for garnish (optional)
Here’s how to make them:
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Place cupcake liners into a cupcake pan and fill each 3/4 full with batter. Bake according to package directions. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- With a small knife, cut the center out of each cupcake and fill with the cherry pie filling. Replace the part you cut out, or reserve for another use (crumble over vanilla ice cream!).
- Frost cupcakes with the non-dairy whipped topping or homemade whipped cream.
- Grate the chocolate bar over each cupcake, if desired, and top with a cherry (pie filling, fresh cherries, if in season, or a maraschino cherry). Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.