Easy Black Forest Cake Cupcakes: Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte Taken Down a Notch in Size, But Not Flavor by Donna John
Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte, or black forest cake, is a mouth-watering German dessert. Instead of making a whole cake, try these easy black forest cake cupcakes.
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix, plus ingredients to make it
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 large tub non-dairy whipped topping or homemade whipped cream
- chocolate bar (optional), for garnish
- fresh cherries or maraschino cherries (optional), for garnish
Here’s how to make them:
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Place cupcake liners into a cupcake pan and fill each 3/4 full with batter. Bake according to package directions. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- With a small knife, cut the center out of each cupcake and fill with the cherry pie filling. Replace the part you cut out, or reserve for another use (crumble over vanilla ice cream!).
- Frost cupcakes with the non-dairy whipped topping or homemade whipped cream.
- Grate the chocolate bar over each cupcake, if desired, and top with a cherry (pie filling, fresh cherries, if in season, or a maraschino cherry). Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Devil's Food Cake Mix $1 & Up
Cherry Pie Filling $3 & Up
Cupcake Pans $9 & Up
Cupcake Liners $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.