Quick & Easy Apple Dumplings Recipe Has a Fun Secret Ingredient by Kimberly Johnson
This apple dumpling recipe is simple and delicious! With minimal ingredients and easy prep, it can easily doubled for larger families.
The secret ingredient? Citrus soda! It makes this apple dessert recipe irresistible. My family loves them.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 to 55 minutes
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into eight wedges
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 ounces citrus soda (Mountain Dew)
Here’s how you make them:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Separate crescent roll dough into triangles. Roll one apple wedge into one dough triangle, pinch to seal and place in prepared baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in cinnamon and sugar. Pour over apple dumplings.
- Pour Mountain Dew over the dumplings.
- Bake until golden brown, about 35 to 45 minutes. Serve warm with a side of vanilla ice cream.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $10 & Up
Mountain Dew $2 - $45
White Sugar $3 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.