Incredibly Moist Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe: This Decadent Banana Bread Recipe Is a Winner by Donna John
What happens when banana bread meets chocolate? Make this easy chocolate banana bread recipe and then you tell me (hint: #happiness).
My vegan daughter took this dessert recipe and veganized it. Try her easy vegan chocolate banana bread (or muffins!) if you are vegan or would enjoy a gluten-free and dairy-free option.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Servings: 1 loaf
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 - 4 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup), melted
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
Here’s how you make it:
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, add mashed banana, melted butter, oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan. Top with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake! Cool about 10 minutes then remove from pan.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Cocoa $3 & Up
Semisweet Chocolate Chips $2 & Up
Dark Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Cooking Oils $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.