Chicken & Dumplings – A Grandma Tested & Approved Recipe! by Kimberly Johnson
I know I've struck gold with a recipe when it gets my grandma's seal of approval!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 6-8 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups chicken, cooked
- pepper, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a fork or pastry blender. Stir in milk, mixing with a fork until the dough forms a ball.
- Heavily flour a work surface. Roll dough out thin and cut into 2 x 2-inch squares with a pizza cutter or floured knife.
- Bring broth to a boil. Drop dumplings in one at a time, stirring as you add. Cook about 15-20 minutes until they are no longer doughy.
- Add cooked chicken. Season with black pepper, if desired. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: