Budget 20-Minute Ground Turkey Sloppy Joe Recipe (No Can Opener Needed) by Donna John
No canned sloppy joe sauce is needed for this family-pleasing recipe. This sloppy joe recipe is made with budget-friendly ground turkey and is ready in about 20 minutes. And who doesn't love a good sloppy joe sandwich?
Budget-friendly ground turkey is cooked with onion, carrot (a little nutrition!), ketchup, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, mustard and garlic powder. The mixture simmers on the stove for about five minutes before being piled on hamburger buns. Quick and delicious!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 5
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 carrot, small dice
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- whole wheat hamburger buns
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the turkey, onion and carrot in a skillet until meat is cooked through.
- Combine the ketchup, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, mustard, garlic powder and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add sauce to turkey. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook until it thickens up, about 5 minutes. Serve on hamburger buns.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.