Oven Barbecued Chicken: Skip the Grill This Weekend & Try This Easy Recipe! by Donna John
Tangy, sweet and simple, this recipe feels like summer – minus the grill!
- 3 - 4 pounds chicken pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
Here’s how you make it:
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large skillet. Brown chicken on all sides. Place on a high-rimmed baking sheet or pan.
- In a saucepan, cook the onion in the butter until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through. Baste occasionally.