Oven Barbecued Chicken Recipe: Skip the Grill & Try This Easy BBQ Chicken Recipe by Donna John
Tangy, sweet and simple, this recipe feels like summer – minus the grill. That means you can make it even during the cold months of winter.
- 3 - 4 pounds chicken pieces
- oil, for frying
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Here’s how you make it:
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large skillet. Brown chicken on all sides. Place on a high-rimmed baking sheet pan.
- In a saucepan, cook the onion in the butter until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through. Baste occasionally.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
The Chicken Bible: Say Goodbye to Boring Chicken with 500 Recipes for Easy Dinners, Braises, Wings, Stir-Fries and So Much More by America's Test Kitchen $40
High-Rim Baking Pans $9 & Up
Ketchup $2 & Up
White Vinegar $1 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Yellow Mustard $1 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.