Best Baked Barbecued Chicken Recipe: This Easy BBQ Chicken Recipe Is on Fire by Donna John
Craving barbecue chicken but not ready to clean up that grill yet? Instead of firing up the grill, make this easy oven-baked barbecue chicken recipe.
The homemade barbecue sauce is super flavorful and easy to make. It makes all the difference in the world for this BBQ chicken recipe. Browning the chicken first helps crisp up the skin. Yum! Great served with potato salad, cole slaw and baked beans.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- 3 - 4 pounds chicken pieces
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Here’s how you make it:
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large skillet. Brown chicken on all sides. Place on a high-rimmed baking sheet pan.
- In a saucepan, cook the onion in the butter until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through. Baste occasionally.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
The Chicken Bible: Say Goodbye to Boring Chicken with 500 Recipes for Easy Dinners, Braises, Wings, Stir-Fries and So Much More by America's Test Kitchen $21
High-Rim Baking Pans $9 & Up
Ketchup $2 & Up
White Vinegar $1 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Yellow Mustard $1 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.