Ground Beef Hamburger Steaks Recipe With Onions & Mushrooms Is a Budget-friendly Classic by Donna John
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 can French onion soup
- 1 packet lower-sodium brown gravy mix (I use McCormick)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Here's how you make it:
- Combine the ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl. Gently mix until just combined. Shape into four to five, depending on size, loosely packed patties.
- Add a little olive oil to a skillet and heat. Add patties and cook until browned on one side. Flip them over and continue to cook until they're almost done. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the onions and mushrooms, if using, to the skillet and cook until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour in the French onion soup, gravy mix, water and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine.
- Put the meat patties back on top. Spoon the sauce over them and continue to cook until meat is cooked through.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
McCormick Brown Gravy Mix $1 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Yellow Mustard $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.