Blue Plate Hamburger Steaks Recipe: A Hall of Fame Ground Beef Recipe by Donna John
Hamburger steaks are the ultimate comfort food. When you're short on time, this easy hamburger steak recipe is quicker to make than packing up the car and heading to your local diner. This easy ground beef hamburger steak recipe is a quick and budget-friendly meal that's a family pleaser.
The ground beef patties are made with ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder and yellow mustard. The patties are cooked in a skillet until browned and almost cooked through. Take the patties out of the skillet and add the onions and mushrooms. When soft, add the can of condensed French onion soup, water and Worcestershire sauce. Put the hamburger steaks back into the skillet and simmer for a few minutes.
If you don't like mushrooms, leave them out! Serve this easy ground beef recipe with mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles. Add a fresh vegetable and salad, and you have a blue plate special dinner that's comforting, satisfying and filling.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 can (10 ounces) French onion soup
- 1 packet lower-sodium brown gravy mix (I use McCormick)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Here's how you make it:
- Combine the ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl. Gently mix until just combined. Shape into four to five, depending on size, loosely packed patties.
- Add a little olive oil to a skillet and heat. Add patties and cook until browned on one side. Flip them over and continue to cook until they're almost done. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the onions and mushrooms, if using, to the skillet and cook until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour in the French onion soup, gravy mix, water and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine.
- Put the meat patties back on top. Spoon the sauce over them and continue to cook until meat is cooked through.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.