How to Make Oven-Roasted Asparagus With Garlic, Lemon & Almonds! by Chef Gigi Gaggero
Take advantage of asparagus being in season and make this easy recipe!
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus spears, cleaned and tough ends snapped off
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, cleaned and smashed
- 2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 Meyer lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 - 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
Here’s how you make it:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Place asparagus and garlic in a large baking pan. Drizzle with oil, lemon juice and thyme leaves. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Remove from pan and lay single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes or until asparagus is crispy and tender, rolling once halfway through roasting. Remove from oven and toss with toasted almond slivers and lemon zest. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with my homemade mayonnaise recipe.