Lucky Irish Soda Bread Recipe: Not Irish? Who Cares! Make This Easy Irish Soda Bread Recipe for St. Patrick's Day by Donna John
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: Makes 1 loaf
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
Here's how you make it:
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- Cut the butter into the flour until it looks like cornmeal.
- Stir in raisins.
- Add the buttermilk and egg. Mix well until you have a stiff dough.
- Dust your hands and your work surface with some flour. Knead the dough to form a ball.
- Shape the dough into a round loaf. Do not over-knead the dough.
- With a sharp knife, cut an X into the top of the loaf.
- Put the loaf onto a greased baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven until the loaf sounds hollow, about 30 to 40 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.