Irish Soda Bread Recipe: Not Irish? Who Cares! Make This Easy Irish Soda Bread Recipe by Donna John
What's more festive on St. Patrick's Day than Irish soda bread? This is an easy Irish soda bread recipe that even first-time bakers can make.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
Here's how you make it:
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- Cut the butter into the flour until it looks like cornmeal.
- Stir in raisins.
- Add the buttermilk and egg. Mix well until you have a stiff dough.
- Dust your hands and your work surface with some flour. Knead the dough to form a ball.
- Shape the dough into a round loaf. Do not over-knead the dough.
- With a sharp knife, cut an X into the top of the loaf.
- Put the loaf onto a greased baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven until the loaf sounds hollow, about 30-40 minutes.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.