Easy Banana "Ice Cream" Recipe: This Frozen Banana Ice Cream Recipe Is a Healthy Dessert, Snack or Even Breakfast by Dr. Jamie Krenn
Bananas are magical things. Bananas offer powerful nutrients for our bodies, including potassium and magnesium, to protect from muscle cramps at night and during daytime activities. Plus, what kid (or adult) wouldn't like a creamy dessert for snack time or even breakfast? They can, with this easy frozen banana "ice cream" recipe.
If you’re like me, you might have a few bananas going south on your counter. Fear not! They are still usable in this delicious breakfast ice cream recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus overnight freezing time
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes plus freezing time
Servings: 2 to 4
- 2 ripe bananas
- milk or nut milk
- toppings: nut butter, granola, nuts, fresh fruit, etc.
Here's how to make it:
- Cut bananas into chunks.
- Store overnight in a plastic container in the freezer.
- In the morning, add banana chunks to a high-speed blender with 4 - 6 tablespoons of your choice of milk (cow’s milk, almond milk, etc.).
- Blend in 10-second increments until you reach a smooth consistency. You can add more or less milk, depending on your consistency preference.
- Scoop "ice cream" into a bowl and let each person top it with their favorite nut butter, nuts, granola or fresh fruit.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Nut Butters $9 -$30
Granola $3 - $29
Nuts $5 - $30
High-speed Blenders $35 - $435
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.